Saturday 13 September 2014

LIBRARY

Our local library was moved from the original building to a newly built complex 5 years ago and for the bit of a do that is planned I was asked for a comment on what the library meant to me. Libraries have always been my 'comfort zone' and for goodness sake they are always full of BOOKS! so I couldn't resist stirring my poetic muse with this result;-


THE LIBRARY

Here,
 in this quiet place
I hear a thousand voices,
Telling their tales
The rights and the wrongs
Dreaming their dreams
Singing their songs

Telling  me
Of triumphs and failures
Loves lost and won
Regrets and deceits
Promises undone

And they say to me
Remember
The tales that we tell belong to you all
The stories you hear are also your own
And so, in this peaceful quiet place
I know I am never alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment