Monday 14 October 2013

TECTONIC

I wondered if a person's occupation would affect
his/her style when writing a love letter/poem
so I decided to write
1. as a geophysicist and
2. as an insurance salesman.
There could be more if I get round to it.
An 84 year old knackered pensioner?? (forget it)

1.
TECTONIC
by
Frank Bryce (BSc Geo, failed)

The restless earth stirs in its sleep
And testily shrugs a mountain aside,
Drowns an island,
Fractures a town,
Stretches and brings a mudslide down.

But not all movement is undesired,
And Nature's force won't be required
The earth will move
And worlds collide
When our epicentres coincide.

2.
UNDER GUARANTEE
by
Frank Bryce (Fidelity Insurance, fired)

I quite fancy you, though I'm not sure why,
But maybe together we could give it a try?*

Perhaps in time you'll get used to my ways
I'll give you my love if you promise to stay**

To make it easier to reach a decision
You can have the spare room and both televisions***

I really will try to be all that you need
I'll cherish you, follow wherever you lead,
Play with you, stay with you, as long as I may,
I'll always be there as night follows day,
Nothing will part us no matter how odd

*Notified terms and conditions apply
** It must be returned in twenty-eight days
*** Subject to the usual contractual provisions
**** Excluding terrorism and Acts of God





No comments:

Post a Comment