Sunday 6 April 2014

THE PARAMOUR'S REPLY TO THE POET

I was delighted to see how popular my first blog
THE PASSIONATE POET  TO HIS PARAMOUR
has been and decided to write  a possible reply
by the lady concerned. It needs to be read in
conjunction with the original poem of course.

THE PARAMOUR'S REPLY

Come with you? D'you think I'm daft?
When I told my friends they laughed and laughed

Carol Ann said that you're off your head
Writing poems that no-one's read
(Not that you're the only one
To suffer such oblivion)

And as for walking on Windermere
And riding the Western wind, no fear!

I would like a weekend trip to Mars
To do a Banksy on the stars

But flying by kite is not my style
I prefer to travel by crocodile

I can harmonise in any key
And know all the words to 'Sailor's Three'

But my dietician Mavis Flute
Warned me not to eat a raw square root

What may persuade me is the chance
Of joining in with the unicorn's dance

So--------
providing we bypass the university
I may decide that possibly
perhaps, perchance, conceivably,
maybe on condition that it's free
I may just let you come with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment