Friday 7 November 2014

'A' LEVEL

A subject not on the official syllabus perhaps but studied by many students?

                       'A' LEVEL

My ambition as a youth was to serve the human race
Though through modesty I'd remain quite anonymous,
I'd find a cure for cancer and conquer outer space,
With Superman my name would be synonymous.

But my studies were neglected, my pure maths a pure disgrace
My science and my French marks less than minimus,
My English teacher said that my poems had a place
But to tell me where it was would be quite blasphemous.

Frustrated in my ambition to serve all human kind
I searched for intelectual stimulus,
Something of compelling interest which would excercise my mind
So I made a lifelong study of the female Gluteus Maximus.

The endless fascination of that double global symmetry
Rejuvenates my libido and animus,
The contrapuntal motion and sweet celestial geometry
With Marlowe's 'restless spheres' appear synonymous.

In some quarters my studies are considered 'not quite nice'
And some lady friends have kicked up quite a fuss,
But to achieve fame one must make some sacrifice
And I'll endure all the jeers
And offer to my peers
My thesis on the subject of
The female Gluteus Maximus

No comments:

Post a Comment